Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Birthday to Ah May Suu



Happy Birthday to Ah May Suu

64th Birthday


19-06-2009


Free bird towards a free Burma

My home...
where I was born and raised
used to be warm and lovely
now filled with darkness and horror.

My family...
whom I had grown with
used to be cheerful and lively
now living with fear and terror.

My friends...
whom I shared my life with
used to be pure and merry
now living with wounded heart.

A free bird...
which is just freed
used to be caged
now flying with an olive branch
for the place it loves.

A free bird towards a Free Burma.

Aung San Suu Kyi

3 comments:

ၾကည္ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ANGEL OF PEACE.

Anonymous said...

I am reciting this poem heartily and repeatedly along with our National Mother, Daw Aung San Suu Kyi!!!!

NweYoe said...

ေၾသာ္... ကိုရီးကာတြန္းရယ္ အေနာ္ အဂၤလိပ္စာ ဆင္းရဲတယ္၊ သို႔ေပမယ့္.......... Happy Birthday Momပါ. း)